Real Genius (1985) was allegedly inspired by and based on real events that took place at the California Institute of Technology in California. I would seriously like to have dinner with these people if that is true because this is one of the most ridiculous movies I’ve seen in ages!
10 reasons to watch Real Genius!
1. Val Kilmer. I think this is his best work, I’m not even joking. His character was awesome, I never doubted it for a second. This was the first time I’ve ever seen him in a movie and thought he was even a little bit attractive. I think it’s the antennas.
2. This totally awesome 80’s tee!
3. Making coins out of liquid nitrogen for the coffee machine. That’s just soooooo 80’s!
4. Inventions! Those crazy kids are always building cool stuff that hasn’t been invented in the 80’s yet, like this thing below.
7. The future of distance Ed.
8. Deb Foreman from Valley Girl making an appearance and using the most awesome pick up line on Val Kilmer.
9. Nerds eating pizza.